2 DAYS, SUZHOU GARDEN EXCURSION
- Tour Code: SH-SZ-SH-2D
- Destination: Shanghai,Suzhou,Shanghai
- Start From: $240 USD Currency Converter
- Departure Dates: You Choose!!
- Highlights: Suzhou's gardens overwhelm visitors with an abundant beauty unmatched among China's man-made landscapes. Pristinely preserved, Suzhou's masterpieces have attracted world-wide attention, including that of UNESCO's World Heritage List, where the Humble Administrator's Garden and Master of Nets Garden can both be found.
- Brief Itinerary
- Detailed Itinerary
- Price Includes
- Hotel Information
- What Our Clients Say!
|Tour Date||Destinations||Today's Activities||Meals|
|Day 1||Shanghai to Suzhou, take high speed train (Train No. TBA)||Take the fastest train in China to Suzhou (30 minutes), The Grand Canal, Lingering Garden, The Garden of the Master of Nets||L|
|Day 2||Suzhou to Shanghai,||Humble Administrator's Garden, Panmen Gate and The No.1 Silk Factory; Take the high speed train back to Shanghai;||B, L|
Destination: Shanghai to Suzhou, take high speed train (Train No. TBA)
Today' s Activities: Take the fastest train in China to Suzhou (30 minutes), The Grand Canal, Lingering Garden, The Garden of the Master of Nets
The Grand Canal: Suzhou is most notably known for its Grand Canal. This magnificent water system is not only the longest man-made waterway in the world, but also is regarded as one of China’s greatest engineering achievements. A network of picturesque lakes and canals both large and small weave through Suzhou City, eventually leading back to the Grand Canal. Take a cruise along the canal to catch a glimpse of the local lifestyle. While smaller boats float the enchanting smaller canals, busy boat traffic on the Grand Canal is a constant reminder that Suzhou's canal provided a vital route for transporting goods along China's rivers.
THE LINGERING GARDRN: First built in 1593 and designed through generations, it has wonderful covered walkways, pools and pavilions for each season. In 2001 the Lingering Garden was listed among China's world-renowned classical gardens on UNESCO's World Heritage list.
MASTER OF THE NETS GARDEN: Located in Suzhou's picturesque Cang Lang District, the Master Of The Nets Garden is noted as one of China's finest classical gardens, earning it recognition as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The garden was first created more than 800 years ago, but has since then seen a number of changes. It is acclaimed for demonstrating an intensely thorough attention to detail in synthesizing art, architecture, and nature in the masterful design of gardens. The Master of The Nets is particularly recognized for its elements of proportion, dimension, contrast, sequence, depth, and concept of borrowed scenery. It has served as a sanctuary of inspiration both intellectually and spiritually for centuries.
Destination: Suzhou to Shanghai,
Today' s Activities: Humble Administrator's Garden, Panmen Gate and The No.1 Silk Factory; Take the high speed train back to Shanghai;
Meals: B, L
THE HUMBLE ADMINISTRATOR'S GARDEN: Exquisitely renowned classical gardens blanket Suzhou's rich landscape, wrapped in narrow winding waterways. Suzhou's largest and most noted garden is the Humble Administrator’s Garden, honored for both its unique design and delicate beauty. As well as receiving recognition as a World Heritage Site, the garden is listed both as a Cultural Relic of National Importance under protection of the State and UNSCO. Noted as one of the country's most famous gardens alongside Beijing's Summer Palace and the Mountain Resort of Chengde in Hebei Provence, it has received the most international attention for its purity, balance, and composition.
Panmen Gate: Standing guard along the southwest corner of Suzhou's Main Canal, the Panmen Gate represents over 2500 years of history. Built as part of the ancient wall surrounding the city in 514 B.C. during the Warring States Period, the gate served as the only entrance into the city. As an architectural masterpiece, the gate is truly fascinating.
The No.1 Silk Factory: Suzhou is home to some of China's most beautiful hand crafted silk products. At the No. 1 Silk Factory visitors are able to observe the practice of making silk as it is processed from the worm to the final product, as well as gain insight to China's rich silk history. The factory also houses a beautiful selection of fine silk goods for sale in their showroom.
After that take the fastest train back to Shanghai;
Our Recommended Hotels and Tour Price Per Person:
|Suzhou||Sheraton Hotel Suzhou||Bamboo Grove Hotel Suzhou|
Tour Price: 280 USD p/p
Single Supplement: 220 USD p/p
Tour Price: 75 USD p/p
Single Supplement: 45USD p/p
These prices are based on min two adults traveling together sharing one room
The prices stated can only be indicative and may be adjusted once we know your date of travel, number in your party and if you have any other specific requirements.
- Entrance Fees: to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary
- Meals: as specified in the itinerary. Breakfast is usually a buffet, and we endeavor to ensure that a choice of western or Chinese breakfasts is supplied.
- Private Transfers: between airports, hotels and scenic spots by private air conditioned vehicle. All our vehicles are less than 3 years old and licensed with the City Tourism Administration, and come with a professional driver and English-speaking guide (with qualifications from the National Tourism Administration). Your comfort is our priority!
- Guide: an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, and will remain with you throughout your time there. A new guide and driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
- Hotels: fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds, with all of the tax and service charge included. All hotels as listed in the itinerary serve daily western and Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Insurance: We use China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Arrangements: including planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International airfares or train tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess baggage charges: passengers are entitled to check in up to 20kg (44 Pounds) of hold baggage for economy class. The total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses: such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, and sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
- Meals: any which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Single Room Supplement.
Get a Quote
This section will allow you to submit a quotation request with U China Travel and we will reply you in 24 hours;
Custom Tailoring: U China Travel specializes in customized high quality private China Tours. Never compromise, Let our travel consultants customize U China Travel! Tell us what you need now!
- Shanghai Tours
- Shanghai Attractions
- Shanghai Hotels
- Shanghai Restaurants
- Shanghai Weather
- Shanghai Interactive Map
- Consulates in Shanghai
- Shanghai Travel Guide
U China Travel specializes in tailor-made travel. We strive to always create a comfortable and relaxing private travel experience for you. We are very experienced in working with family and business travelers. We also avoid the typical tourist restaurants, places targeting travelers. At U China Travel, Quality, Authenticity, and Flexibility are our top priorities.
As a boutique travel group we hope not to be the biggest, but strive to be the best travel company with the highest quality service in China.