4 Day Ancient City Tour
- Tour Code: BJ-PY-DT-4D
- Destination: Beijing,Pingyao,Datong
- Start From: $580 USD Currency Converter
- Departure Dates: You Choose!!
- Highlights: Visit two of China's cherished UNESCO sites in the ancient cities of Pingyao and Datong.These two cities are steeped in historical significance, preserved in their original flavors.The capital city Beijing is near by, making travel by train or a private car an ideal way to enjoy this trip!
- Brief Itinerary
- Detailed Itinerary
- Price Includes
- Hotel Information
- What Our Clients Say!
|Tour Date||Destinations||Today's Activities||Meals|
|Day 1||Beijing to Taiyuan to Pingyao||Jinci Temple, Qiao Family's compound||Lunch|
|Day 2||Pingyao||The Ancient City Wall, The Rishengchang Draft Bank, The Mingqing Street, Pingyao Ancient Town||B, L|
|Day 3||Pingyao to Datong||5 hour driving to Datong, visit Yingxian Wooden Pagoda and Hanging Monastery||B, L|
|Day 4||Depart Datong to Beijing||Yungang Grottoes and take the train or drive back to Beijing.||B, L|
Destination: Beijing to Taiyuan to Pingyao
Today' s Activities: Jinci Temple, Qiao Family's compound
There is 4 hours driving or 1 hour flight or 3 hours fast train from Beijing to Taiyuan and 1 hour driving to Pingyao.
After you arrive Taiyuan, you will be met and transferred to Pingyao. en route we will visit Jinci and the Qiao Family's Compound, then check into your hotel in Pingyao
- Jinci Temple: Located 25 kilometers Southwest of Taiyuan City at the base of Xuanweng you will find Jinci Temple. The temple of Jin Emperor in ancient times; it was initially built during the Northern Wei Dynasty (386-535) as a memorial for Jivu, the second son of Emperor Zhouwu, and is regarded as one of China’s most unique historical relics.
- Qiao Family's compound: Built in 1755 during the Qing Dynasty, the Qiao Family compound has been exquisitely maintained throughout the centuries. The mansion built for Qiao Zhiyong, a wealthy banker and businessman, contains over 300 rooms and has been preserved as a museum with traditional furniture displayed throughout the compound.
Today' s Activities: The Ancient City Wall, The Rishengchang Draft Bank, The Mingqing Street, Pingyao Ancient Town
Meals: B, L
The Ancient City Wall: Rising 10 meters above the ground, the ancient city wall of Pingyao is a fascinating historical structure. Originally constructed nearly 3,000 years ago, the wall is composed of rammed earth, brick, and stone and still maintains its original appearance.
- The Rishengchang Draft Bank: First established in 1823, the Rishengchang Draft Bank was the largest and most internationally connected draft bank of its time.
- The Mingqing Street: Pingyao's main downtown thoroughfare, Mingging Street, is a perfect example of traditional Ming and Qing Dynasty style.
- Pingyao Ancient Town: Feel as if you have traveled through time when you step through the gates of the wall to the Ancient Town. Located in the middle of Shanxi Province, Pingyao is the most intact and preserved ancient town in China. Inside the Ming Dynasty city wall this traditional town, whose buildings date from the Ming and Qing Dynasties, is exceptionally well-preserved, and functions just as it did centuries ago.
Destination: Pingyao to Datong
Today' s Activities: 5 hour driving to Datong, visit Yingxian Wooden Pagoda and Hanging Monastery
Meals: B, L
Yingxian Wooden Pagoda: Located within the Fogong Temple complex of Yingxian County in Shanxi Province, the Yingxian Wooden Pagoda, also known's as Sakyamuni Pagoda is internationally revered in correlation with the Eiffel Tower in France and the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy. All three structures, known for their impressive stature and historical longevity, are considered amongst the world's greatest pagodas.
Hanging Monastery:Resting along the west cliff of Jinxia Gorge more than 50m above the ground, the Hanging Monastery has been in existence for more than 1,400 years. It hovers at the foot of Mt. Hengshen 65k south of Datong. The monastery underwent extensive renovations during the Ming and Qing dynasties and continues.
Destination: Depart Datong to Beijing
Today' s Activities: Yungang Grottoes and take the train or drive back to Beijing.
Meals: B, L
Yungang Grottoes: Known as one of China's three major cave clusters, the Yungang Grottoes embody the beauty of Buddhist cave art, representing the peak of Buddhist cave carving in China's history. The caves line the northern face of Wuzhou Mountain in Datong, spanning a 1k stretch from east to west. Preserved as a UNESCO World Heritage site, the 252 caves containing more than 51,000 statues and relics were first carved in 450 at the height of the Northern Wei Dynasty (386-584).
Our Recommanded Hotels And Tour Price Per Person:
|Pingyao||Pingyao Yunjincheng Folk Hotel||Pingyao Tianyuankui Guesthouse|
|Datong||Yungang Jianguo Hotel||Datong Hotel|
Tour Price: 700 USD p/p
Single Supplement: 120 USD p/p
Tour Price: 580 USD p/p
Single Supplement: 90 USD p/p
These prices are based on min two adults traveling together sharing one room
The prices stated can only be indicative and may be adjusted once we know your date of travel, number in your party and if you have any other specific requirements.
- Entrance Fees: to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary
- Meals: as specified in the itinerary. Breakfast is usually a buffet, and we endeavor to ensure that a choice of western or Chinese breakfasts is supplied.
- Private Transfers: between airports, hotels and scenic spots by private air conditioned vehicle. All our vehicles are less than 3 years old and licensed with the City Tourism Administration, and come with a professional driver and English-speaking guide (with qualifications from the National Tourism Administration). Your comfort is our priority!
- Guide: an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, and will remain with you throughout your time there. A new guide and driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
- Hotels: fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds, with all of the tax and service charge included. All hotels as listed in the itinerary serve daily western and Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Transportation: Private car with professional driver travel Beijing, Pingyao, Datong and back to Beijing.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Insurance: We use China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Arrangements: including planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International airfares or train tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess baggage charges: passengers are entitled to check in up to 20kg (44 Pounds) of hold baggage for economy class. The total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses: such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, and sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
- Meals: any which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Single Room Supplement.
Get a Quote
This section will allow you to submit a quotation request with U China Travel and we will reply you in 24 hours;
Custom Tailoring: U China Travel specializes in customized high quality private China Tours. Never compromise, Let our travel consultants customize U China Travel! Tell us what you need now!
- Beijing Overview
- Beijing Tours
- Beijing Attractions
- Beijing Hotels
- Beijing Restaurants
- Beijing Weather
- Embassies in Beijing
- Beijing Travel Guide
U China Travel specializes in tailor-made travel. We strive to always create a comfortable and relaxing private travel experience for you. We are very experienced in working with family and business travelers. We also avoid the typical tourist restaurants, places targeting travelers. At U China Travel, Quality, Authenticity, and Flexibility are our top priorities.
As a boutique travel group we hope not to be the biggest, but strive to be the best travel company with the highest quality service in China.