5 DAYS, LHASA AND NAKCHU
- Tour Code: LS-NC-5D
- Destination: Lhasa, Nakchu
- Start From: $890 USD Currency Converter
- Departure Dates: You Choose!!!
- Highlights: Indulge in the thriving culture and magnificent natural scenery of Tibet in 4 unforgettable days. Visit Tibet’s most cherished spiritual sites and experience the vibrant energy of Tibet’s indigenous population.
- Brief Itinerary
- Detailed Itinerary
- Price Includes
- Hotel Information
- What Our Clients Say!
|Tour Date||Destinations||Today's Activities||Meals|
|Day 1||Arrive in Lhasa, Flight not include||Airport to Hotel Transfer (Lhasa)||No|
|Day 2||Lhasa||Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Street||B, L, D|
|Day 3||Lhasa to Nachu||Yambajan and Lake Namtso||B, L, D|
|Day 4||Nachu to Lhasa||4 hours drive back to Lhasa, Lhasa Museum, Tibet Medical, Astrological Institute and Tangka Painter||B, L, D|
|Day 5||Depart Lhasa, Flight not included||Hotel to airport Transfer (Lhasa)||B|
Destination: Arrive in Lhasa, Flight not include
Today' s Activities: Airport to Hotel Transfer (Lhasa)
Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. At 3,500 meters, it is advisable to take the rest of the day easy for better acclimatization.
Today' s Activities: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Street
Meals: B, L, D
- Potala Palace: Former winter home of the Dalai Lama, a vast, awe-inspiring maze of corridors and stairs leading through countless rooms of richly decorated statues, tombs, murals and antiques. You will climb past the White Palace into the Red Palace, where the file of pilgrims offering silk scarves, coins or yak butter to burn in the shrines combine to make this an unforgettable experience. Note: you need to be fit for the long stairways.
- Jokhang Temple: Built in 647 to please the Tibetan Princess Wen Cheng, Jokhang Temple is part of the Potala Palace complex. This 4-storey, golden-roofed temple is at the heart of a very rich and thriving Tibetan Buddhism. Many locals pray here regularly; the Temple is surrounded by Barkhor Street and thronged with pilgrims and visitors. Lamps fueled by yak butter burn in front of statues at the entrance to the temple.
- Barkhor Street: On Barkhor Street watch pilgrims dressed in traditional wear representative of different regions of Tibet, as they circle clockwise around Jokhang Temple with prayer wheels, or prostrate themselves near the front gate. Join the locals shopping at the colorful stalls that line the street, or enjoy the vibrant energy of Barkhor Street while relaxing in one of the many coffee shops and teahouses.
Destination: Lhasa to Nachu
Today' s Activities: Yambajan and Lake Namtso
Meals: B, L, D
- Yambajan: A visit to Yambajan provides a fascinating glimpse into the culture of Tibetan herders (drokpa) and their semi-nomadic lifestyle. Also well known for its hot springs, Yambajan covers an area of about 150,000 square meters, and is located 87 kilometers Northwest of Lhasa(2hours drive) in a basin at the foot of the Nyainqentanglha Mountains.
- Lake Namtso: This crystal blue lake sparkles amidst snow capped mountain peaks. The lake is accessible by a gravel road from Damxung. If attempting to visit the lake during the rainy season, be sure to check road conditions as the route becomes difficult.
Check into your hotel in Nachu.
Destination: Nachu to Lhasa
Today' s Activities: 4 hours drive back to Lhasa, Lhasa Museum, Tibet Medical, Astrological Institute and Tangka Painter
Meals: B, L, D
This morning you will take 4 hours driving back to Lhasa and visit following sites:
- Tibet Museum: Designed in traditional Tibetan architectural style, construction of the Tibet Museum was completed in 1999. Highlighting Tibetan culture and the historical plight of the Tibetan people, the museum houses an extensive collection of displays illustrating rich traditions and cultural relics spanning ancient and modern history. An audio commentary is available for those who wish to learn more about the collection.
- Tibet Medical and Astrological Institute: Catch a glimpse into the fascinating practice of Tibetan medicine at the Tibet Medical and Astrological Institute. 2000 year old Herbal and traditional methods of healing are used to treat more than 500 patients daily, with numbers increasing to 1000 in winter months.
-Tangka Paintings: Here you will see this traditional painting art has been practising for thousands years.
Destination: Depart Lhasa, Flight not included
Today' s Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Lhasa)
Hotel to airport transfer;
Our Recommended Hotels and Tour Price per Person:
|Lhasa||Tibet Minzu Hotel||Lhasa Hotel|
Tour Price: 1010 USD p/p
Single Supplement: 300 USD p/p
Tour Price: 890 USD p/p
Single Supplement: 242 USD p/p
These prices are based on min two adults traveling together sharing one room
The prices stated can only be indicative and may be adjusted once we know your date of travel, number in your party and if you have any other specific requirements.
- Entrance Fees: to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary
- Meals: as specified in the itinerary. Breakfast is usually a buffet, and we endeavor to ensure that a choice of western or Chinese breakfasts is supplied.
- Private Transfers: between airports, hotels and scenic spots by private air conditioned vehicle. All our vehicles are less than 3 years old and licensed with the City Tourism Administration, and come with a professional driver and English-speaking guide (with qualifications from the National Tourism Administration). Your comfort is our priority!
- Guide: an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, and will remain with you throughout your time there. A new guide and driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
- Hotels: fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds, with all of the tax and service charge included. All hotels as listed in the itinerary serve daily western and Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Insurance: We use China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Arrangements: including planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International airfares or train tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess baggage charges: passengers are entitled to check in up to 20kg (44 Pounds) of hold baggage for economy class. The total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses: such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, and sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
- Meals: any which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Single Room Supplement.
Get a Quote
This section will allow you to submit a quotation request with U China Travel and we will reply you in 24 hours;
Custom Tailoring: U China Travel specializes in customized high quality private China Tours. Never compromise, Let our travel consultants customize U China Travel! Tell us what you need now!
- Lhasa Tours
- Lhasa Attractions
- Lhasa Hotels
- Lhasa Restaurants
- Lhasa Weather
- Lhasa Travel Guide
U China Travel specializes in tailor-made travel. We strive to always create a comfortable and relaxing private travel experience for you. We are very experienced in working with family and business travelers. We also avoid the typical tourist restaurants, places targeting travelers. At U China Travel, Quality, Authenticity, and Flexibility are our top priorities.
As a boutique travel group we hope not to be the biggest, but strive to be the best travel company with the highest quality service in China.