9 DAYS, KUNMING, DALI, JILIANG AND SHANGRI-LA
- Tour Code: KM-DL-LJ-SG-9D
- Destination: Kunming,Dali,Lijiang,Shangri-la(Zhongdian)
- Start From: $1280 USD Currency Converter
- Departure Dates: You Choose!!!
- Highlights: Enjoy the dream-like essence of beautiful Shangri-la. On this tour visit remote minority cultures and the legendary Shangri-la. Some of Yunan's most magnificent scenery and ancient cultures are just waiting to be explored. This unique discovery into the beautiful region of Yunan is a journey you will not soon forget.
- Brief Itinerary
- Detailed Itinerary
- Price Includes
- Hotel Information
- What Our Clients Say!
|Tour Date||Destinations||Today's Activities||Meals|
|Day 1||Arrive in Kunming, Flight not include||Airport to Hotel Transfer (Kunming)||No|
|Day 2||Kunming||Sani Minority Villages, The Stone Forest, Market of birds and flowers||B, L, D|
|Day 3||Kunming to Dali, Flight include||Take the flight (30 minutes) to Dali, Cruise on the Erhai Lake, Zhoucheng elaborate batik crafts, Houses of Bai People in Xizhou, The Ancient City of Dali, Three Pagodas||B, L|
|Day 4||Dali to Lijiang||Lijiang Ancient City, Shaping Market and Lijiang Expression Show||B, L|
|Day 5||Lijiang||The Mural in Baisha Village,Cable Car on Jade Dragon Mountain, The Former Residence of Joseph Rock in Yuhu Village and Dongba Museum||B, L, D|
|Day 6||Lijiang to Zhongdian (Shangri-la)||Drive to Shangri-la in the morning; Tiger Leaping Gorge and The Stone Drum Town(Shigu Town)||B, L, D|
|Day 7||Zhongdian(Shangri-La)||Lake Bita and Lake Shudu, Dabaosi Temple||B, L, D|
|Day 8||Zhongdian(Shangri-La)||Songzanlin Lamasery and explore the old town.||B, L|
|Day 9||Depart Zhongdian(Shangri-La)||Hotel to airport Transfer (Zhongdian(Shangri-La))||B|
Destination: Arrive in Kunming, Flight not include
Today' s Activities: Airport to Hotel Transfer (Kunming)
You will be met and transfered to your hotel.
Today' s Activities: Sani Minority Villages, The Stone Forest, Market of birds and flowers
Meals: B, L, D
- Sani Minority Villages: Around the world renowned Stone Forest clusters many small Yi ethnic villages which are collectively known as Sanni Villages. These ancient ideologically isolated villages are famous for their mystical ancient traditions and beliefs.
- The Stone Forest: Millions of years of geological shifting are to thank for the fascinating formations of the karst landscape that defines the Stone Forest. The Stone Forest area is the home of the Sani people, whose folk customs add a rich vitality to the region, combining colorful embroidery and minority dances with the natural scenery. The drastic contrast of the dramatic landscape and it’s native dwellers creates a lasting impression on anyone who visits.
- Market of birds and flowers: Explore the market of birds and flowers, catching a glimpse into the daily life of the local people. It is here also, that performers gather to entertain crowds visiting the market. Various kinds of birds, fish, pets are sold alongside antiques, jewelery, and other fine hand-made crafts. The market is a great place to come for a relaxing morning stroll.
Destination: Kunming to Dali, Flight include
Today' s Activities: Take the flight (30 minutes) to Dali, Cruise on the Erhai Lake, Zhoucheng elaborate batik crafts, Houses of Bai People in Xizhou, The Ancient City of Dali, Three Pagodas
Meals: B, L
Take the morning flight to Dali, after you arrive there visit:
- Zhoucheng elaborate batik crafts: Within the town of Zhoucheng the Bai Minority people have established a reputation for their elaborate batik crafts. See for yourself the traditional methods of crafting exquisite goods by the Bai Minority people. Such delicate skills and methods of craftsmanship will leave a lasting impression with you. Craftsman and local vendors sell goods at affordable prices throughout the town.
- Houses of Bai People in Xizhou: More than 88 traditional Bai compounds designed in the Sanfang Yizhaobi style. Located 16 kilometers outside of the Ancient City of Dali, the town of Xizhou used to be a thriving commercial center prior to 1949, with more than 140 national capitalist families occupying housing compounds. In recent years roads have been widened and several new markets have opened in Xizhou as a sign of continual prosperity in the area. The most well known aspects of Xizhou are the well preserved ancient buildings of the Bai Minority. Exquisite paintings adorn the exterior walls of each home as a representation of the artistic culture of the Bai people.
- The Ancient City of Dali: Just 13 kilometers outside of Dali City at the base of Cangshan Mountain lies one of the most famous historical and cultural cities in China. The Ancient City of Dali rests at the foot of Cangshan Mountain and is home to the simple, unsophisticated local Bai people. Built in the year Hongqu 15 of the Ming Dynasty (1382 AD), the ancient city still survives today amidst clear streams lined with the traditional houses of an ancient civilization. Whether rich or poor, the local people plant trees and grow flowers in their yard, decorating their homes in a traditional fashion.
- Cruise on the Erhai Lake: A refreshing boat cruise on Erhai Lake, China’s largest freshwater lake, promises expansive views along the jade green lake, dotted with picturesque fishing villages underneath clear open skies.
Destination: Dali to Lijiang
Today' s Activities: Lijiang Ancient City, Shaping Market and Lijiang Expression Show
Meals: B, L
This morning we drive about 3 hour to Lijiang, check into you hotel. In the afternoon, you will visit:
- Lijiang Ancient City: Construction of the Ancient City of Lijiang began over 800 years ago during the late Song Dynasty. Upon arriving in beautiful Lijiang Ancient City, the native Naxi people eagerly welcome you experience the strong Nanxi folk culture. The wise Naxi ancestors who created the ancient and mysterious Dongba culture are also the creators of this splendid plateau civilization. In the Ancient City observe the primative beauty of the Dongba characters, currently the only live hieroglyph in the world, hear the ancient lingering sounds of Dongba music, and see the mysterious Dongba ancient religion all display in this living, breathing historical time capsule.
- Shaping Market: The ancient town of Shaping is home to the vibrant, colorful Shaping Market. Located about 30km (19 miles) north of Dali, this local market filled with various products, you can try fresh fruits and delacasies made by the Bai Minority people, observe the exchange of animals for other goods, and experience first-hand the local people's daily life. Explore the Shaping Market for local handicrafts, but vendors expect you to bargain prices down, so come prepared!
In the evening guests will be treated to a Show of IMPRESSION OF LIJING. It was directed by the famous Chinese director Zhang Yi Mo. You will see more than 500 dancers with their traditional custums using the Jade Dragon Mountain as its backdrop;
Today' s Activities: The Mural in Baisha Village,Cable Car on Jade Dragon Mountain, The Former Residence of Joseph Rock in Yuhu Village and Dongba Museum
Meals: B, L, D
- The Mural in Baisha Village: Just 16 kilometers north of Lijiang City can be found a harmonious composition of mural paintings first created in the early Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). The Baisha Township is home to 53 different groups of paintings artistically portraying varying religious cultures of the region. Vivid patterns, bright colors, and intricate line work have been combined to create historic Buddhist, Daoist, and Naxi religious images that attract visitors from all over the world.
- The Former Residence of Joseph Rock in Yuhu Village: In honor of Joseph F. Rock, and Austrian-American Scholar, the Naxi ethnic group preserved his former residence as a memorial. This act was a sign of gratitude by the small ethnic group of southwest China's Yunnan Province to Rock, who was one of the first westerners to travel to the region and share the once isolated culture of the Naxi people to the west.
- Dongba Museum: Designed to resemble the architectural planning and style of a traditional Naxi folk house, the Dongba Museum is a sanctuary of culture for Dongba ancient history. Located not far from the Yuquan Garden, the museum covers an area of 7 acres, taking advantage of the landscape in accordance with the natural topography of the site.
- The Large Cable Car on Jade Dragon Mountain (from Ganhaizi): Enjoy the scenic journey to the summit of Jade Dragon Mountain in relaxed fashion in the Large Cable car. This snow-capped mountain has altitude of 5596 meters above sea level and is composed of 13 peaks, of which the highest is 18000 feet above sea level.
Destination: Lijiang to Zhongdian (Shangri-la)
Today' s Activities: Drive to Shangri-la in the morning; Tiger Leaping Gorge and The Stone Drum Town(Shigu Town)
Meals: B, L, D
Today is a long drive to Shangri-la, it takes about 7 hours. After 1.5 hours we will stop at Stone Drum Village and then keep driving another 1 hour to the Tiger Leaping Gorge then continue on to Shangri-la.
- The Stone Drum Town (Shigu Town): Just past Tiger Leaping Gorge is the peaceful Stone Drum Town. Amidst a rapidly developing China, the Stone Drum Town, also known as Shigu Town, remains calm and quiet. From Shigu Town you can also see the beautiful Yangtze River in the distance.
- Tiger Leaping Gorge: Legend tells us that this famous gorge received its name because a hunted tiger made his escape by crossing the river at the base of the gorge in one single bound. One of the world's four great gorges, Tiger Leaping Gorge is located in Hutiaoxia Town, 90 kilometers from Lijiang. At certain points the distance to the water exceeds 3,000 meters, making this natural phenomenon a spectacular site to see.
Today' s Activities: Lake Bita and Lake Shudu, Dabaosi Temple
Meals: B, L, D
- Lake Bita and Lake Shudu: Derived from the word “Bitahai”, meaning “quiet lake” in Tibetan, this scenic spot captures visitors with its sheer beauty. Mountains covered with ancient pines, oaks and rhododendrons, surround the Bitahai Lake resting like an emerald in the heart of the mountain. Shudu Lake is located in the northeast region of Shangri-la. It is one of the largest fresh water lakes on the Diqing plateau. Surrounded by a forest of fir, spruce and silver birch, it is home to many wild animals such as bears, golden cats, deer and pheasants. Enjoy some hiking or just relax with a picnic lunch along the tranquil shores of the lake.
After lunch we will visit the small yet beautiful temple of Dabaosi.
Today' s Activities: Songzanlin Lamasery and explore the old town.
Meals: B, L
Songzanlin Lamasery: Built in 1674 in the style of Lhasa’s Potala Palace, the Songzanlin Lamasery is the largest Tibetan Buddhist lamasery in Yunnan Province. Occupying an area of 33.3 hectares, Songzanlin is one of 13 Tibetan Kham monasteries representing Tibetan culture and housing a great number of Buddhist treasures and cultural relics.
We will spend the afternoon exploring the old town with its charming traditional houses and alleys filled with small shops and local character.
Destination: Depart Zhongdian(Shangri-La)
Today' s Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Zhongdian(Shangri-La))
You will be transfered to airport of Zhongdian (Shangri-la).
Our Recommended Hotels and Tour Price per Person:
|Kunming||Grand park hotel||Kunming Hotel|
|Dali||Regent Hotel||Landscape Hotel|
|Lijiang||Guanfang Hotel Lijiang||Lijiang Shishan Hotel|
|Shangri-la||Paradise Hotel||Songtsam Hotel|
Tour Price: 1420 USD p/p
Single Supplement: 500 USD p/p
Tour Price: 1280 USD p/p
Single Supplement: 270 USD p/p
These prices are based on min two adults traveling together sharing one room
The prices stated can only be indicative and may be adjusted once we know your date of travel, number in your party and if you have any other specific requirements.
- Entrance Fees: to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary
- Meals: as specified in the itinerary. Breakfast is usually a buffet, and we endeavor to ensure that a choice of western or Chinese breakfasts is supplied.
- Private Transfers: between airports, hotels and scenic spots by private air conditioned vehicle. All our vehicles are less than 3 years old and licensed with the City Tourism Administration, and come with a professional driver and English-speaking guide (with qualifications from the National Tourism Administration). Your comfort is our priority!
- Guide: an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, and will remain with you throughout your time there. A new guide and driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
- Hotels: fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds, with all of the tax and service charge included. All hotels as listed in the itinerary serve daily western and Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Transportation: Kunming to Dali, flights TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Insurance: We use China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Arrangements: including planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International airfares or train tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess baggage charges: passengers are entitled to check in up to 20kg (44 Pounds) of hold baggage for economy class. The total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses: such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, and sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
- Meals: any which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Single Room Supplement.
Get a Quote
This section will allow you to submit a quotation request with U China Travel and we will reply you in 24 hours;
Custom Tailoring: U China Travel specializes in customized high quality private China Tours. Never compromise, Let our travel consultants customize U China Travel! Tell us what you need now!
- Kunming Tours
- Kunming Attractions
- Kunming Hotels
- Kunming Restaurants
- Kunming Weather
- Kunming Travel Guide
U China Travel specializes in tailor-made travel. We strive to always create a comfortable and relaxing private travel experience for you. We are very experienced in working with family and business travelers. We also avoid the typical tourist restaurants, places targeting travelers. At U China Travel, Quality, Authenticity, and Flexibility are our top priorities.
As a boutique travel group we hope not to be the biggest, but strive to be the best travel company with the highest quality service in China.