9-DAY BEIJING,XIAN AND SHANGHAI
- Tour Code: BJ-XA-SH-9D
- Destination: Beijing,Xian,Shanghai
- Start From: $1450 USD Currency Converter
- Departure Dates: You Choose!!!
- Highlights: Take an opportunity to explore China's most iconic cities and structures on this fascinating journey, from the rich cultural and political history of China's northern capital, to the intriguing past of one of its ancient Capital's, to the bustling streets of the nations most energetic urban centers.
- Brief Itinerary
- Detailed Itinerary
- Price Includes
- Hotel Information
- What Our Clients Say!
|Tour Date||Destinations||Today's Activities||Meals|
|Day 1||Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included||Airport to Hotel Transfer (Beijing)||No|
|Day 2||Beijing||Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven and dinner at Dadong Duck Restaurant||B, L, D|
|Day 3||Beijing||Mutianyu Great Wall, cable car or toboggan and Olympic Stadium||B, L|
|Day 4||Beijing to Xian, Flight include||Summer Palace, Transfer to airport (Beijing), airport to hotel transfer (Xian), Evening Show at Tang Yuegong||B, L, D|
|Day 5||Xian||Terracotta Warriors,Banpo Museum||B, L|
|Day 6||Xian to Shanghai; Flight (include)||Historical Museum, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, City Wall; Xian city to airport transfer; Shanghai Airport pick up and transfer to hotel;||B, L|
|Day 7||Shanghai||Jade Buddha Temple, Shanghai World Financial Center, Yu Garden and Acrobatics Show||B, L, D|
|Day 8||Shanghai||Zhujiajiao Water Town and Jewish Area Tour||B, L|
|Day 9||Depart Shanghai||Hotel to airport transfer||B|
Destination: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today' s Activities: Airport to Hotel Transfer (Beijing)
Our guide will pick you up at Beijing airport and transfer you to the hotel. Relax during the remainder of the afternoon and evening to recover from the jet lag.
Today' s Activities: Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven and dinner at Dadong Duck Restaurant
Meals: B, L, D
- Tiananmen Square: This vast iconic space that has retained a symbol of China’s enduring nationalism covers 40.5 hectares (100 acres) close to the geographical center of Beijing. In the center of the world’s largest square stands Chairman Mao’s Mausoleum, and the periphery is surrounded by imposing governmental buildings including the National Museum of China and the Heavenly Gate, the entrance to the Forbidden City.
- The Forbidden City: The world’s most extensive preserved palace complex, the Imperial Palace was constructed over a 14-year period beginning in 1406. The home to 24 Emperors from 1420-1911, the city is a maze of great squares, halls, gates, gardens, and living quarters. This “city within a city” is composed of 980 surviving structures exemplifying traditional Chinese palatial architecture, covering nearly 720,000 sq meters (7.8 million sq ft).
-Heaven and Earth (TianDiYiJia): Hidden behind the walls of a beautifully restored courtyard mansion nearby the Imperial Palace you will find TianDiYiJia. Known as ‘Heaven and Earth’ in English, this luxurious Chinese restaurant boasts stylishly ornate traditional designs, serving refreshingly unique fusion cuisine.
- Temple of Heaven: One of the purest examples of Ming architecture, the Temple of Heaven is a truly symbolic, beautifully balanced structural masterpiece, holding great significance in the historic evolution of China’s enduring civilization. Magnificent gardens filled with Beijing residents enjoying morning Tai Chi or relaxing under shaded trees surround the temple.
- Dinner at Dadong Duck Restaurant: With a reputation as one of Beijing’s finest dining establishments, the Dadong Duck Restaurant is the perfect place to experience a traditional Peking duck dinner in a uniquely modern style.
Today' s Activities: Mutianyu Great Wall, cable car or toboggan and Olympic Stadium
Meals: B, L
- Great Wall at Mutianyu: Located just 80 kilometers from Beijing’s city center in Huairu County is the longest restored, accessible section of the Great Wall. Mutianyu stretches 22 kilometers and is composed of solid slabs of granite, gravel, and earth reaching 8 meters at its highest point and 5 meters at its widest span. A series of 22 watchtowers spaced approximately 1-kilometer apart mark this run of the Great Wall. Constructed first in the Qi Dynasty (550-577), Mutianyu was rebuilt in 1568 and remains in that condition today. Stunning views in all directions make it a perfect location to experience the Great Wall.
Lunch at Local Restaurant: Have lunch at Xiaolongpu, the local cuisine restaurant on the food of the Mutianyu Great Wall. It provides the local organic food, the fresh vegetable and trout.
-Olympic Stadium: Some of the world’s most internationally renound architects helped to create a new identity for Beijing to prepare for the 2008 Olympic Games. Structures such as the National Stadium, commonly known as the 'Birds Nest’, and the Olympic Swim Stadium, or ‘Water Cube’, have become iconic structures that represent a turning point in China’s modern history. Venture through both of these intriguingly fascinating complexes that speak to the exciting future of a rapidly changing Beijing.
Destination: Beijing to Xian, Flight include
Today' s Activities: Summer Palace, Transfer to airport (Beijing), airport to hotel transfer (Xian), Evening Show at Tang Yuegong
Meals: B, L, D
- Summer Palace : Spend the morning basking in the peaceful elegance of the Summer Palace. First erected during the Jin Dynasty (1115-1234) as a retreat for royal courts, the Summer Palace is widely regarded as one of the world’s most noted classical gardens. Covering 294 hectares, of which is water, the Summer Palace is seen as the quintessential Chinese garden, achieving a purely seamless unity with nature.
- Boat-transfer in the Summer Palace: For a truly unique experience, enjoy the beautiful scenery of the royal gardens of the Summer Palace by ferry boat.
After Lunch you will be transferred to airport for your flight to Xian;
After you arrive in Xian, you will be met and transferred to your hotel; U China Travel guide will assist you check in and after a break depart hotel for Dinner and Evening Show:
- Evening Show at Tang Yuegong: Experience traditional dancing and singing as it was performed during Xian’s reign as China’s capital in the Tang Dynasty.
Today' s Activities: Terracotta Warriors,Banpo Museum
Meals: B, L
- Terracotta Warriors: An accidental discovery in 1974 revealed the guarded tomb of Emperor Qin. Dating back to 210BC, the Emperors tomb was securely guarded by an army of 7,000 terracotta warriors and archers with horses and chariots in full battle dress. Each figure is unique, and their painstaking repair and excavation continues in 3 sites, which are protected inside enormous hangars. Just an hour and a half from Xian, there is also an excellent museum, which hosts a film about the history of the vaults. In order to preserve the historical discovery, no flash photography is allowed inside the hangars.
- Banpo Museum: The museum was established in 1958 on the site of an ancient clan commune dating back more than 6,000 years. Today 2 exhibition halls display items from the site such as stone tools, spinning wheels, pottery and daily living utensils. Just over an acre of land is dedicated to the third exhibition space, demonstrating traditional methods of pottery making, shelter construction, and burial practices.
Destination: Xian to Shanghai; Flight (include)
Today' s Activities: Historical Museum, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, City Wall; Xian city to airport transfer; Shanghai Airport pick up and transfer to hotel;
Meals: B, L
Shanxi Historical Museum: As the birthplace of ancient China, the history represented at the Shaanxi Historical Museum in southern Xian portrays the enduring history of Chinese civilization. Four major galleries in large, Tang-style buildings house a vast and impressive collection of beautifully displayed relics. You will find that most exhibitions have been presented in both English and Chinese, but our guide will happily help you translate if necessary.
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda: The clean, simple lines of this Pagoda stands five stories tall on the grounds of the Da Ci’en Temple in a southwestern suburb of Xian. A major Buddhist site, the simple, elegant brick Pagoda stands in the grounds of the attractive Da Ci'en Temple. The Pagoda was built in the 7th century to house the Buddhist materials that Xuanzang brought back from his epic journey to India. Composed of several large halls, the Pagoda houses magnificent statues and murals depicting Buddhist figures.
- City Wall: Explore the exquisitely intact city walls of Xian. Walk, ride a bike, or take an electric scooter along the 14 kilometer circuit of ramparts, gates, and watchtowers that make up one of the oldest and best-preserved ancient urban defense systems in the world. Great views span both sides of the spectacular city wall.
After the tour of today, you will be transfered to airport for your flight to Shanghai;
You will be met in Shanghai Airport and transfered to your hotel; U China Travel guide will assist you check in;
Today' s Activities: Jade Buddha Temple, Shanghai World Financial Center, Yu Garden and Acrobatics Show
Meals: B, L, D
Jade Buddha Temple: The Jade Buddha Temple was established in 1882 when a Chinese monk named Huigen imported two jade Buddha statues from Burma. Although the original temple was destroyed during the 1911 revolution that overthrew the Qing Dynasty, the jade Buddha statues were saved, and relocated in a new temple that was constructed in 1928. This famous Buddhist temple located in the Western part of Shanghai is a quiet escape from the modern flourishing city.
Shanghai World Financial Center: This 101-story tall skyscraper completed construction and was opened to the public in mid-2008. It Reaches 492 meters (1,515 ft) above the hustle and bustle of Shanghai.
Yuyuan Garden: Peacefully situated within the bustling center of Shanghai close to the Yuyuan Bazaar is the Yuyuan Garden. This exquisite 5-acre garden is famous for its design. Meandering paths lead visitors across bridges, past rockeries, around picturesque lakes, and through decorative halls and pavilions. The intentional location of trees and shrubs within the garden serve as frames for charming views and create a sense of peace and harmony throughout the garden.
Watch the acrobatics show at Era (Best Acrobatics in China)
Today' s Activities: Zhujiajiao Water Town and Jewish Area Tour
Meals: B, L
Zhujiajiao Water Town: If you are looking for an escape from the excitement of the big city, visit the ancient water city of Zhu Jia Jiao. Located in a suburb of Shanghai City, this fan-shaped town characterized by its 36 ornate bridges, each uniquely designed, connects streets filled with ancient architecture dating back from the Ming and Qing dynasties.
Jewish Area Tour: Shanghai is a city not only of modern splendor, but also of rich historical merit. With its diverse past steeped in international relations and foreign influence, the city sheds light on a chapter in world history unfamiliar to many in China and abroad. U China Travel is delighted to feature a half-day tour of Shanghai's Jewish District to add yet another layer of richness to its extensive history. The tour provides insight into the significant influence the immigrant Jewish community had on the city's economic and architectural growth, highlighting the achievements of one of its most prominent families, the Sassoon's. In Shanghai's Hongkew District the tour visits the Ohel Moshe Synagogue, a museum documenting the history and experiences of the more than 20,000 Jewish immigrants that sought refuge in Shanghai at the height of WWII.
Destination: Depart Shanghai
Today' s Activities: Hotel to airport transfer
After Breakfast you will be transfer to airport to catch your flight.
Note: If you choose to stay on in Shanghai for a few extra days, or arrive a few days early in Beijing, please let us know, and we'd be happy to extend your hotel bookings, or arrange additional tours for you.
Our Recommended Hotels and Tour Price per Person:
|Beijing||Raffles Beijing Hotel or Peninsula Hotel||Crowne Plaza (Wangfujing)||Novotel Xin Qiao Beijing|
|Xian||Hyatt Regency Xian||Sofitel on Renmin Square||Aurum International Hotel|
|Shanghai||Grand Hyatt Shanghai||Radisson Shanghai New World||The Bund Hotel Shanghai|
Tour Price: 2050 USD p/p
Single Supplement: 800 USD p/p
Tour Price: 1650 USD p/p
Single Supplement: 600 USD p/p
Tour Price: 1450 USD p/p
Single Supplement: 440 USD p/p
These prices are based on min two adults traveling together sharing one room
The prices stated can only be indicative and may be adjusted once we know your date of travel, number in your party and if you have any other specific requirements.
- Entrance Fees: to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary
- Meals: as specified in the itinerary. Breakfast is usually a buffet, and we endeavor to ensure that a choice of western or Chinese breakfasts is supplied.
- Private Transfers: between airports, hotels and scenic spots by private air conditioned vehicle. All our vehicles are less than 3 years old and licensed with the City Tourism Administration, and come with a professional driver and English-speaking guide (with qualifications from the National Tourism Administration). Your comfort is our priority!
- Guide: an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, and will remain with you throughout your time there. A new guide and driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
- Hotels: fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds, with all of the tax and service charge included. All hotels as listed in the itinerary serve daily western and Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Transportation: Beijing to Xian to Shanghai, Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Insurance: We use China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Arrangements: including planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International airfares or train tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess baggage charges: passengers are entitled to check in up to 20kg (44 Pounds) of hold baggage for economy class. The total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses: such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, and sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
- Meals: any which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Single Room Supplement.
Get a Quote
This section will allow you to submit a quotation request with U China Travel and we will reply you in 24 hours;
Custom Tailoring: U China Travel specializes in customized high quality private China Tours. Never compromise, Let our travel consultants customize U China Travel! Tell us what you need now!
- Beijing Overview
- Beijing Tours
- Beijing Attractions
- Beijing Hotels
- Beijing Restaurants
- Beijing Weather
- Embassies in Beijing
- Beijing Travel Guide
U China Travel specializes in tailor-made travel. We strive to always create a comfortable and relaxing private travel experience for you. We are very experienced in working with family and business travelers. We also avoid the typical tourist restaurants, places targeting travelers. At U China Travel, Quality, Authenticity, and Flexibility are our top priorities.
As a boutique travel group we hope not to be the biggest, but strive to be the best travel company with the highest quality service in China.