5 DAYS, GIANT BUDDHA,PANDA AND MT.EMEI
- Tour Code: CD-5D
- Destination: Chengdu
- Start From: $700 USD Currency Converter
- Departure Dates: You Choose!!!
- Highlights: Most visitors to China agree that one of the most exciting parts of their journey was seeing pandas up close and also seeing part of China not everyone gets to see. In this five-day package we make you see both.
- Brief Itinerary
- Detailed Itinerary
- Price Includes
- Hotel Information
- What Our Clients Say!
|Tour Date||Destinations||Today's Activities||Meals|
|Day 1||Arrive in Chengdu, Flight not included||Airport to Hotel Transfer (Chengdu), Jinli Old Street and Bian Lian Show||No|
|Day 2||Chengdu||Du Fu Thatched Cottage, Panda Breeding and Research Centre and Wu Hou Temple||B, L|
|Day 3||Chengdu||Leshan Giant Buddha, Cruise to have a overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha and Baoguo Monastery||B, L|
|Day 4||Mount Emei to Chengdu||Cable Car ride to Monastery of Ten Thousand Years, Emei Mountain and Monastery of Ten Thousand Years||B, L, D|
|Day 5||Depart Chengdu, Flight not included||Hotel to airport Transfer (Chengdu)||B|
Destination: Arrive in Chengdu, Flight not included
Today' s Activities: Airport to Hotel Transfer (Chengdu), Jinli Old Street and Bian Lian Show
You will be met by U China Travel guide in airport and transfered to your hotel; After check in, you will visit:
- Jinli Old Street: Once a commercial center during the Kingdom of Shu (Three Kingdoms), it has been reconstructed using Qing Dynasty architectural elements and today is home to many of the areas most talented artisans and craftsmen. See the bustle and smells of old China while shopping and taking in all that this unique street has to offer. If you need to take a rest, Starbucks is also here waiting to serve you a cup of hot coffee.
-Bian Lian Show (face changing): Witness this dying art form that takes its roots from Sichuan opera. These performers are able to change their faces using the secret art of face changing. The art itself is passed down from generation to generation in one family and cannot be taught to outsiders. The music, costumes and face changing make this a performance you don’t want to miss.
Today' s Activities: Du Fu Thatched Cottage, Panda Breeding and Research Centre and Wu Hou Temple
Meals: B, L
- Du Fu Thatched Cottage: The poet Du Fu lived in Chengdu for years. In the west suburbs of the city, he built for himself a thatched hut and wrote a lot of poems here. The poet's thatched cottage is an important scenic and historic spot in Chengdu.
- Panda Breeding and Research Centre: 10km north of Chengdu this beautifully laid-out 230 hectare park is home to giant pandas, the endearing red, or lesser panda, and other endangered species. Visit the nursery to see the highly successful breeding program, and the many enclosures among lakes, bamboo groves and shady walkways, to view the pandas at rest and play. There's a wealth of information, a panda museum, and of course the engaging animals themselves.
- Wu Hou Temple: The Marquis of Wu, Zhuge Liang (181-234) was the outstanding military strategist immortalized in "The Romance of the Three Kingdoms" and in the saying wise as "the Marquis of Wu". Peaceful and attractive gardens surround several halls, including one dedicated to his memory and another to that of his emperor Liu Bei, some impressive statues, a small museum, a famous Tang Dynasty stele and the classic red wall leading to Liu Bei's tomb. A delightful complex.
Today' s Activities: Leshan Giant Buddha, Cruise to have a overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha and Baoguo Monastery
Meals: B, L
- Leshan Giant Buddha: The Great Buddha in Leshan is located to the east of Leshan City, Sichuan Province and on the Lingyun Mountain where Min River, Qingyi River and Dadu River meet. It has been the largest stone carved sitting Buddhist statue in the world so far.
- Cruise to have a overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha: The Great Buddha in Leshan is located to the east of Leshan City, Sichuan Province and on the Lingyun Mountain where Min River, Qingyi River and Dadu River meet. It has been the largest stone carved sitting Buddhist statue in the world so far.You can sit on board to have an overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha.
- Baoguo Monastery: This monastery, built in the 16th century during the Ming Dynasty, is the gateway to Mount. Emei and has served pilgrims and tourist alike for many years. This building represents a time in Chinese history when Confucianism, Taoism and Buddhism were infused in many parts of religious life.
Destination: Mount Emei to Chengdu
Today' s Activities: Cable Car ride to Monastery of Ten Thousand Years, Emei Mountain and Monastery of Ten Thousand Years
Meals: B, L, D
- Take the cable car to the Monastery of Ten Thousand Years: The Monastery is the largest of the eight monasteries on Mount Emei. The monastery is dedicated to Bodhisattva Puxian
- Mount Emei: One of the China’s most important Buddhist mountains. The mountain is known for its spectacular beauty and peaceful surroundings. Don’t be surprised if you also run into some macaques along the way.
- Monastery of Ten Thousand Years: The monastery today was reconstructed during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) The original building was built in the 4th century, but was burnt down many times. This is the main building on Mount Emei and most pilgrims will make a stop here to show respect.
Destination: Depart Chengdu, Flight not included
Today' s Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Chengdu)
After breakfast, you will be transfered to airport to catch your flight.
Our Recommended Hotels and Tour Price per Person:
Crowne Plaza Chengdu
Mt.Emei: Emeishan Hotel
Tianfu Sunshine Hotel Chengdu
Mt.Emei: Emeishan Hotel
Tour Price: 810 USD p/p
Single Supplement: 350 USD p/p
Tour Price: 700 USD p/p
Single Supplement: 230 USD p/p
These prices are based on min two adults traveling together sharing one room
The prices stated can only be indicative and may be adjusted once we know your date of travel, number in your party and if you have any other specific requirements.
- Entrance Fees: to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary
- Meals: as specified in the itinerary. Breakfast is usually a buffet, and we endeavor to ensure that a choice of western or Chinese breakfasts is supplied.
- Private Transfers: between airports, hotels and scenic spots by private air conditioned vehicle. All our vehicles are less than 3 years old and licensed with the City Tourism Administration, and come with a professional driver and English-speaking guide (with qualifications from the National Tourism Administration). Your comfort is our priority!
- Guide: an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, and will remain with you throughout your time there. A new guide and driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
- Hotels: fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds, with all of the tax and service charge included. All hotels as listed in the itinerary serve daily western and Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Insurance: We use China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Arrangements: including planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International airfares or train tickets to enter or leave China.
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Personal Expenses: such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, and sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
- Meals: any which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Single Room Supplement.
Get a Quote
This section will allow you to submit a quotation request with U China Travel and we will reply you in 24 hours;
Custom Tailoring: U China Travel specializes in customized high quality private China Tours. Never compromise, Let our travel consultants customize U China Travel! Tell us what you need now!
- Chengdu Tours
- Chengdu Attractions
- Chengdu Hotels
- Chengdu Restaurants
- Chengdu Weather
- Consulates in Chengdu
- Chengdu Travel Guide
U China Travel specializes in tailor-made travel. We strive to always create a comfortable and relaxing private travel experience for you. We are very experienced in working with family and business travelers. We also avoid the typical tourist restaurants, places targeting travelers. At U China Travel, Quality, Authenticity, and Flexibility are our top priorities.
As a boutique travel group we hope not to be the biggest, but strive to be the best travel company with the highest quality service in China.